About Me

My photo
Actor/Life Coach Thom McFadden has been featured in many movies.He has guest stared in over 100 television shows. Thom is called the “Coach to the stars.’ Thom has guided actors, writers, producers, directors and hundreds of other industry professionals to realize their full potentials.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Next » The American Idol is Bop!



The Idol is Bop!

It’s amazing to see these performers. When they shine, they really shine. This is “American Idol’s” best year of talent, and I agree with Simon Cowell, that any one of this years top five could have won in the past.

What is especially interesting is to see the performer’s slowly getting weeded out every week. Why were some people who had good voices being kicked off the stage? I feel the answer to that question is because they weren’t in BOP.

To give an example of BOP, I will tell you a story about a actor client of mine who had a daughter who studied opera. He told me, that she practiced constantly. She wanted to be an opera star and could I be of assistance.

So one day my client called and invited me to listen to his daughter at a vocal recital that was being held at her college. I was curious to see how she performed so I said yes.

There were about eight people that performed that night. There were some that were very nervous and you could hear the crack in their voices at times. As Randy Jackson (the dog), calls it pitchy.

There were others whose voices seemed to carry through the room like a beacon of light.

The last person to perform was my friend’s daughter. She had a beautiful voice but she was not the best singer there that night. But what I noticed about her was that she seemed to feel the song and vibrate to it.

She was singing to us, she was singing to me. Her whole body, her face, her eyes, they all seemed to be in the moment. To me she was the best performer that night and she was in BOP!

Did you know that anyone can be in BOP? You don’t have to be musically inclined or study Shakespearean theatre. You can be in BOP anytime and anywhere.

Let me show you how to be the best performer that you can be. This next section deals with how to be “in the moment,” and how to be focused.

When I was a teenager, there was a dance craze at the time called “The Be-Bop” or as my mother called it, “The Dirty Boogie.”

All the teenagers were Be Bopping. Every Friday night, a bunch of us would go out the local soda shop, and dance the Be-Bop and drink root beers.

So when I came up with the term BOP, it reminded me of all those fun times I had just listening and dancing to the music.

BOP is the state of greatness in which you are Balanced, Observant, and Present, and you can’t boogie unless you know these three important things! BOP is three individual states working together to achieve one magnificent state of human excellence. To be in BOP you must be balanced, observant, and present.

Achieving only one or two of the states of BOP is useless without the others, it’s all or nothing! BOP is an intricate machine, requiring its three powerful components to work together in exact synchronicity for it to work at all.

To be in control of this machine, you need to be consciously aware of who’s running it.

Now one last thing, make sure to take time out in your busy day to look around you. Ask yourself constantly if you are in BOP because the more you are in BOP, the more you will be successful and happy in life.

So BE BOP NOW!


Check me out at www.LifeStand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment