About Me

My photo
Actor/Life Coach Thom McFadden has been featured in many movies.He has guest stared in over 100 television shows. Thom is called the “Coach to the stars.’ Thom has guided actors, writers, producers, directors and hundreds of other industry professionals to realize their full potentials.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

How loud is a Million Tweets??

Let’s get this straight I am hooked on Twitter. So when Actors Aston Kutcher and Demi Moore did the million followers on twitter race between the old school media CNN and the new social media of who could get a million followers first.

The “Punk’d” star had challenged the news network, vowing to donate 10,000 mosquito bed nets to charity for World Malaria Day April 25th, if he beat CNN, and 1,000 if he lost. CNN agreed to do the same. The new school barely won,

Aston and Demi gave $100,000 to eradicate malaria in 3rd world countries. World MalariaDay 2009: Countdown to saving a million lives

It was clear This wasn’t a personality contest, This was a movement to DEMOCRATIZE the MEDIA.

I was moved so I started twitting or tweetering to follow Aston,like millions of others. Then it hit me why was I moved?

Was it the pictures of the poor sick kids dying from malaria or,being a part of a movement at my age, or was it the celebrity’s asking for me to do something.

I am sure that had something to do with it,but what it was for me was a emotional feeling that I cared about making a difference.

When I stopped and asked my self what is this and why after the realization that I cared was I so moved and energized?

Then it dawned on me, when we started out on our journey of life, we CARED about life, love, making a difference in the word. We were so full of caring and then it started to wane we didn’t care as much about helping others or even ourselves.

We stopped caring about the big things first, the planet, our work, voting, education and our health.

Then we stopped caring about our neighbors, next door and globally let me ask you do you know your neighbors by there first names?

If you cared you would, it is a part of our DNA to care, how many times do you hear about acts of heroism or some one giving back and when asked why, they simple say I cared.

To me the will to live isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by caring to help others breathe better.

In the past week I have put breath back in my being by caring: about
my wife Nancy when I lay down by her for the night.

Hearing my three Son’s laughter when we reminisce about the past and knowing I care about their future.

Start Caring, you can you know. CAN’T YOU?

Be Bop!


Check me out at www.LifeStand.com

No comments:

Post a Comment